I remember when our kids were probably about 4 and 6, Al got his first cell phone. Do you remember the first cell phones? It came with a big carrying case that plugged in to your car lighter. The phone itself was about 9 inches long and looked like you were holding a brick to your ear. I had no idea why he thought he needed one… what made him think he had to be able to be reached at all times. I picked on him pretty bad. Ridiculous!
(Flash forward to present time…) Of course now, I don’t leave home without it. And if I do forget it… I go back for it. Yup, I will turn the car around. It has been a lifesaver during the years of, “Yes Al, I did put the vehicle in the ditch.”… and a blessing on my way home from work with the, “Mom, could you pick up milk?” or “Mom, I missed the bus.” You can pretty much catch me anytime on my cell phone. Technology is not only amazing… it is spooky how quickly I have went from a cell phone “mocker” to a fan.
I love that email that is about using our Bible the same way we use our cell phone:
- If we left home and forgot it, we would go back for it.
- We would check it often for Messages.
- It would always be near us, in our purse or pocket
- We would flip through it several times a day
- We would give it to our kids as a gift (and they would love it!)
- It would be handy in case of emergencies
- We always used it when we traveled
And the best part of all – unlimited minutes and no bill ever – Jesus paid that in full a long time ago.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.